Lead Grady County’s efforts to prepare for, mitigate, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters.
Vision: We will help create a disaster resilient Grady County where everyone matters.
Values: Comprehensive * Progressive * Risk-driven * Integrated * Collaborative * Coordinated * Flexible * Professional
Goals: Strengthen Preparedness * Strengthen Response * Strengthen Recovery
The Grady County Emergency Management Office works to create a safer county and region by collaborating with our stakeholders to increase Grady County’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from natural or man-made disaster and emergencies. GCEM coordinates with local, state, federal, private, non-profit entities, and community groups to minimize the impact of all potential hazards facing Grady County. GCEM strengthens Grady County’s preparedness through comprehensive disaster planning, hazard identification & risk assessment, hazard mitigation, protection of critical infrastructure, and enhancement of community preparedness. GCEM enhances disaster response by managing the Grady County Emergency Operations Center. The GCEM is improving inter-agency coordination and information sharing, resource management, and emergency public information and warning. These activities improve Grady County’s ability to recover from a disaster, reducing the time and cost required to return to normal operation and making Grady County a more resilient County.
The Grady County Office of Emergency Management is pleased to announce that we now accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State on May 20th, 2019. Anyone planning international or domestic travel may apply for their passports at our office from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 315 W. Pennsylvania Ave in Chickasha.
Attention: Grady County will re-open the Passport Application Facility on June 1st 2020 “BY APPOINTMENT ONLY” Please call our office at 405-222-2339 to schedule an appointment. Be advised that the normal 6-8 weeks for delivery has been extended out with no time line for delivery , so delays are expected. Also, at the current time there will be no expedited delivery on Passports. For further information please call the EM office at 405-222-2339. (Updated May 28th, 2020). To ensure a speedy process please have all the required paperwork, documents with you when you come to our office. We do not accept cash or credit cards; only personal checks, cashier checks or money orders.
For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information- travel.state.gov
|EM Director||Dale Thompson|
|Deputy EM Director||Amanda Wilkerson|
|EM Specialist- Volunteer||Paulette Nicholas|
|EM Specialist- Volunteer||Carl Wilkerson|
EM Specialist- Staff Linda Swanner
Contact the Grady County Emergency Management Office
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Facebook. Grady County EM Facebook Page Follow our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) Facebook Page Phone: 405-222-2339 Hours: Monday- Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM For Emergencies call the Sheriff’s Dispatch at 405-224-0984. They can contact us.
Emergency Management Links
- State of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Weather Service, Norman, OK
- Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation – Mapping
- ODOT – Road Conditions
- American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
- Radio Emergency Associated Communication Teams (REACT)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA – EMI Independent Study Course List
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality- (DEQ)
- Interactive Weather Information Network (IWIN)
- EPA- Region 6 (South Central)- Dallas, TX
- National Drought Mitigation Center
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- National Weather Service, Amarillo, Texas
- National Weather Service, Norman, Oklahoma
- National Weather Service, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- NOAA Weather Radio
- Special – Needs NOAA Weather Radio for Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Individuals
- U.S. Fire Administration (USFA)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Oklahoma State Links
- CH. 9 KWTV-TV (CBS) Oklahoma City, OK
- CH. 4 KFOR – TV (NBC) Oklahoma City, OK
- CH. 2 KJRH – TV (NBC) Tulsa, OK
- CH. 5 KOCO – TV (ABC) Oklahoma City, OK
- CH. 25 KOKH – TV (FOX) Oklahoma City, OK
- CH. 6 KOTV – TV (CBS) Tulsa, OK
- CH. 7 KSWO- TV (ABC) Lawton, Oklahoma
- 105.5 KOOL Radio- Chickasha, Oklahoma